Local Pool Store or Marina and Pentair 910/920

May 7, 2014
Saint Louis, MO
I am about to pull the trigger on a robotic oool cleaner. My local pool store is offering the Pentair Prowlser 910 and 920 for $599 and $999 (- rebate) respectively. They are also offering a 3 year warranty which they are saying is an extra year. First question... are either of these options solid choices? I’ve read all the discussion about how many robots are basically the same, but under different brands. Our need is to clean the bottom of the pool and the inclined sides. We don’t need it to go vertical. I was originally going to go with the Dolphin S200.

My other question... I know many on this forum recommend Marina. Is what was offered above better than Marina, specifically the warranty? Is there any other added benefit to buying local?

Thanks!

The 910 is equivalent to an Active10. It is designed for above ground pools. It will not climb or clean a water line.
The 920 is equivalent to the Active 20/S200/Pentair Warrior SE. That is the basic inground pool robot from Maytronics. It will climb and clean the water line.

I believe Marina was selling the Active 20/S200/Pentair Warrior SE for $699. Free shipping and no sales tax.

I think it is best to just leave a message and they will call you back after they close. I just bought the Active 20 from them for 749. I was hoping for the Pentair Warrior SE, but they were out. I don't think there is any real difference between the two. It arrived via Fed Ex in 2 days. After day 1 of use, I can say WOW! I had an old pressure-type Letro Legend using a booster pump. This is virtually silent and cleans so much better. Why didn't I do this years ago?
Good Luck

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.