Liquidator installation thoughts and comments

Yeah once it was all together, it was kind of a "OH YEAH!" moment.......I realized why the check valve should be on the *other* hose.

Dont know if you missed my edit, but I added the check valve. It buzzes while teh filter is running, and it seems to have lowered the flow a bit (from 3.0 or so down to 2.0 or so).

Bum valve? Valve not strong enough for the flow from my pump? Any suggestions?

-Chris

Missed the edit!

When I added the check valve, my flow did dropped from 5 to around 4.5, with full flow. I don't understand why, but it did drop.

You can try switching the check valve to try and isolate a bum one. Did you take the outlet side one out?

I wonder if the inlet check valve is backwards? The high pressure from the filter may blow pass the CHECK part :idea:

Ill try swapping the valves and see if it works better.

I double checked the direction once I heard the buzzing, it is indeed correct (also verified by turning off the pump, and no water left the inlet hose).

Wonder if the buzzing is the valve opening and closing very fast, which causes a drop in flow? Maybe the valve truly isn't strong enough for the amount of flow coming through. Normal psi for my filter is 12-14, it was at about 12 today (just backwashed yesterday).

-Chris

chrisexv6 said:
EDIT: I added the check valve on the return side of the filter (inlet side of LQ).......question: it buzzes while running, and the flow gauge lowered from 3.0 or so to 2 or 2.5. Is this normal? Surprised that the check valve was buzzing, wonder if its a bum valve?

-Chris

I have the check valve on the inlet side with no buzzing or reduction of flow. For an inlet side restriction to reduce flow, the water level would have to get low enough that the outlet float is almost closed (I'd think), which sounds like a really restricted inlet flow. At least that's how mine would behave.

Only thing I can think of is the fairly large height difference between the pool water, filter pad and LQ. The filter is about 2' above the pool water, the LQ is about 4' above that (then add the height of where the inlet line goes up to on the LQ).

Wonder if I might get better results putting the check valve closer to the filter than the LQ?

-Chris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.