Liquid CYA

Jun 8, 2015
Rocklin Ca
Should raise the CYA by 18.

Be sure you thoroughly clean out the bottle. Most of the actual CYA clumps at the bottom. Multiple rinse outs are needed.

TFPC suggests using dry stabilizer.

Should raise the CYA by 18.

Be sure you thoroughly clean out the bottle. Most of the actual CYA clumps at the bottom. Multiple rinse outs are needed.

TFPC suggests using dry stabilizer.
Yeah I clean out the bottle fill them with pool water shake them up. I also clean the testing stuff that's important. I think going back to the dry stabilizer is best worked for 15 years

I trying Liquid stabilizer this product ( Amazon.com : Natural Chemistry 7401 1 Gallon Liquid Swimming Pool Stabilizer and Conditioner : Garden & Outdoor ) I buy it at the local pool supply. Putting a gallon in the pool does not seem to raise it much at best it raised it maybe from 30 to 35. (20K pool ) On amazon's reviews some claim it does nothing. I'm starting to wonder if it's any good certainly not cheap. So any thoughts on the liquid stabilizer?
when you poured it how did it look? Was it a milky white substance? Was it all clumped up? I've used that liquid stabilizer before and raised my pool 21ppm with 1 gallon. But I know of some people that got product that was a clumped up together and didn't raise CYA at all.

Reactions: SacDave
No I turned them on their side the day before I used them, shook them really well, after poured it in the pool filled it about halfway with pool water shook it. The bottle was clean when I was done I looked inside. I noticed it clumped up on the bottom first time I used it for what it cost I'm getting every penny out of it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.