Liquid CYA Does Not Completely Dissolve in Pool

Mendy48

Bronze Supporter
Apr 27, 2018
Midland, MI
So I added about 12oz of liquid stabilizer to start increasing my CYA to a 40, but I only added a little to see what would happen. I noticed that the liquid stabilizer did not dissolve as I thought it would in the pool. There were some (a little bit) of granuals at the bottom of the pool. Is this normal?

What I did was just sweep the edges of the pool with a brush to mix it around a bit. ?‍♀️

Because of the viscosity of liquid CYA I always think its best to plan on using the entire jug so you can rinse out the bottom to get all those solids out and into the pool. Brushing is always a good idea when adding something to the pool.

Maddie :flower:

Reactions: Mendy48
Just out of curiosity...

Can I pour the liquid stabilizer (after I measure it of course) in warm/hot water (in a bowl or equivalent) and have the fine particles dissolve first before I pour the entire bowl in my pool near the return jet? That way, I'm not sweeping the fine particles on the floor of my pool. The temp of my pool is in the 50s. From your suggestion, I'm thinking warm/hot water will dissolve whatever particles are left in the liquid stabilizer.

I dunno? Folks have tried to dissolve granular CYA in warm water before- I just don't recall the response? I wonder if you could slowly pour it in to the skimmer and assume the particles would be caught up in the filter to dissolve? Assuming your pump is all running and needs no backwashing for a while??

Maddie :flower:

Reactions: Mendy48
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.