Liquid Chlorine

BMatt

Apr 20, 2023
Lumberton Texas
I am new to thread, under your guidance am switching from chlorine tabs to liquid chlorine. I am going to SLAM pool. Trying to get ideas of how much chlorine to use to maintain levels after slam is complete. I have a 17000 g pool. How much liquid chlorine roughly will I be adding and how much? I'm about to make a bulk purchase.

Trying to get ideas of how much chlorine to use to maintain levels
For this, we use the PoolMath APP or the PoolMath page for all chemical dosage amounts. In the APP, go to the "Effects of Adding" section. With accurate testing from a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit, you will also refer to our FC/CYA Levels page which tells you the proper FC level based on your current CYA.

If you read our Pool Care Basics page, a lot of this will make more sense. But if you have questions let us know.

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Reactions: Rachel&Blake
Ok, thanks. I have Tf100-pro kit on order. I'll have to use pool store readings for now. Just trying to get an idea on how much chemical to purchase
Once you track how much chlorine your pool uses through the day, you can use the 1gallon/5.5ppm to figure out how much you need each day. Probably in the 1/2 gallon range each day in the hottest part of the summer depending on your CYA level. But liquid chlorine degrades over time so don’t store up too much and store it in a cool dark place to slow the degradation.

Last edited:
Reactions: BMatt
The TFT-100 test kit is invaluable....and you want to get away from "the stores"....typically they test the water to sell you something you don't need. I usually SLAM with Cal-Hypo 73% and once done, rely on my SWG to keep me clear all season long. This year my CH level at the opening was a bit lower than normal...so using Cal-Hypo will bring that up a bit also.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.