Liquid Chlorine vs Cal Hypo - cost and effort comparison question

Jul 5, 2017
Fort Worth, TX
Dealing with CYA 70 even after 1/2 drain. Using liquid chlorine for about a week. 20,000 gallon pool. Using about 1/2 a gallon of 10% a day ($1.80 per day) to stay at chlorine 5-7ppm. Pool looks great. Active sun and TX heat.

I wonder if calcium hypochlorite is a better and cheaper long term solution and just use a flocculant to reduce the calcium when it blasts eventually out of the normal range?

Dealing with CYA 70 even after 1/2 drain. Using liquid chlorine for about a week. 20,000 gallon pool. Using about 1/2 a gallon of 10% a day ($1.80 per day) to stay at chlorine 5-7ppm. Pool looks great. Active sun and TX heat.

I wonder if calcium hypochlorite is a better and cheaper long term solution and just use a flocculant to reduce the calcium when it blasts eventually out of the normal range?
Floc won't remove Calcium. If it was that easy, I wouldn't be dealing with 800+ CH.

Yea, your two choices are really liquid or converting to w salt water chlorine generator. Priced out over the life of the salt cell you end up with about the same costs.

Many feel the upfront cost is worth it, but Richard & I are still jug luggers......

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.