liquid Chlorine vs Bleach

dph42

Jun 1, 2015
Killen, Texas
Afternoon all!
This is not really a pool question but I believe the experts here can answer it. My wife was complaining to me yesterday about how the price of Bleach had skyrocketed. I stated I have been buying the pool chlorine at Home depot for about $10 for a 3 pack and it's 10% not 6%. Is it safe to use the 10% for laundry and such and just allow for the difference in strength? I figured you chemists would know. Thanks a bunch!

I think it would be best to water it down before even adding it to the laundry. But, otherwise, it it is the same chemical and produces the same effect.

I used 12.5% from the pool stash mixed in a sprayer to spray down some mildew and funk in the basement. It worked like a champ.

My wife gets me to pump out some of the 12.5% I use in the pool anytime she needs bleach.
It is the same thing only stronger, and without the additives that you get in the laundry aisle.

Thank you all for the replies! I figured it would work but wanted to make sure and knew y'all would know. I may have spoke too soon though just went on a chlorine run and everybody is out!! I sure hope they get more.
Thanks again,
David

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.