Liquid chlorine shelf life

guddylover

Jan 25, 2020
Toronto
I have been under the impression that liquid chlorine loses it potency after a while (12% liquid chlorine) but after closing my pool I found out that the chlorine still seem sharp even though it’s been sitting down under the deck for about 4 weeks. I guess my question is this: should I dilute the chlorine before dispensing or with my stenner pump? Will this make any difference? Thanks

Just pour slowly infront of a return & brush the area it should be fine. I carefully pour & brush simultaneously like a witch 🧙‍♀️ with her cauldron !

I too keep mine in the shade under the deck - it gets hot here but that’s usually when I’m going through it more frequently (i need to supplement my undersized swg) so it’s not an issue. I tend to stock up right before closing time so I can bring to slam level & have a supply through the winter for my hot tub. By the spring it’s usually still pretty close to original potency.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.