Liquid chlorine prices up?

I've got a good one for you. :) :laughblue:

I went to ACE hardware today and thought I'd check on bleach prices since they did not yet stock chlorine. Here is how the conversation went:
ME: How much is this bleach? There's no price on it or on the shelf. (121 oz,)
CLERK: It's really expensive. (scans jug) $6.59
ME: Really? That's insane!
CLERK: Oh, that's because it's the germicidal bleach.
ME: Bleach is bleach. That's still insane!
CLERK: I think that's the regular price.
ME: I can get a jug of chlorine at the pool store for $4.50 and that's a whole gallon.
CLERK: But that's different stuff. :hammer: :crazy:

I think it was 7.25% with no additives.
:deal:

Are refillable jugs available at your Leslie's, or other pool stores, in Katy? I get 2.5 gallon refills of 10% for $4.50 at a local place here in Florida.
Can you share the name and location of that store? I’d love to add them to a list for other users to benefit from.

12.5% is a hard commodity around RI. Job Lot has (gasp) old stock pool shock dated June 7th, 2019 at same old prices, all you can find. :confused: I will do a test tomorrow to see how degraded it actually is. What bleach there is in the stores is that Chloromax, lemon scented or splashless. No one is going out to stores anymore so we are stuck in place dealing with what we have! Best wishes to everyone! PS, I got called out at Job Lot for having 9 gallons of shock in my cart. Employee told me I could only have one bottle of bleach, I politely informed her that it was not bleach but pool shock. She said "Oh". I get to the check out and lo and behold, the same employee. She was funny, she said "just wait til people figure out exactly what pool shock is." I said "Shhh."

• Haha
Reactions: YippeeSkippy
I mentioned in another thread:

For those of you that have an Atwood's near you, they have 10% chlorine on sale for $1.99 a gallon. I stocked up a couple of days ago and the julian date was a little less than a month ago.

I used that exclusively last year with no issues at all. The call it "Online Pool Shock"

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.