LGLDSR73

Jun 26, 2019
Boston
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I've been using Pool Essentials Liquid Chlorine (12%) but it's all be disappeared. I assume I can use off the shelf Clorox Bleach, non-scented? I believe it's 10%. Any keywords to avoid such as 'Now with Extra Whiteners", etc? Should I expect any difference in impact on CYA, pH, T/A from what I've been using?

As always, thanks.

Skip

Don't know about Boston, but Houston area Leslie's has four gallon containers in a box. 12.5% for $15.99. That's the cheapest per oz of chlorine I've found here.

Thanks Bowser but the pool is only going to be up for another 3 weeks and 4 gallons will be overkill (~5,000 gal). Before I found this fantastic Forum I was using pool shock so in between last year and early this year I have eight gallons of that to get rid of when the landfill has a Hazmat day.
Best,
Skip

If the pool 'shock' is liquid, it is sodium hypochlorite. Use it, though it has most likely degraded quite a bit.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If you're still stuck, I "second" the Lowe's suggestion if you have one near you. My Wal-Mart cleared all the Pool Essentials chlorine to make room for back to school stuff, but fortunately yesterday I found the very same Pool Essentials liquid at our Lowe's.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.