Liquid Chlorine feeders

May 18, 2017
Cincinnati, Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Ok, I am a believer in the whole TFP Methodology, Pool Math and Pool School teachings. IT WORKS! When you follow the guidelines here your pool will be gorgeous. But I am not happy about having to test my water every day or every other day and adding liquid chlorine to keep my chlorine at or above target. I miss the days of adding tabs to my chlorinator once a week and maybe a gallon of shock.

So my question is, what are the options out there for liquid chlorine feeders that will feed chlorine (No Stabilizers) on a regular basis so I don't have to babysit my pool on a daily basis? Full disclosure - my CYA is on the high side (70-80) so my chlorine demand is a little higher. I don't mind how much liquid shock I need to add but more-so about the regularity that I need to add it.

So far, I have only seen mention of the
HASA Liquidator. Sounds like a good solution. I am looking for comments from people who have used this system. Does it work? Do they really have a lifetime warranty and replace parts free of charge (almost too good to be true in the pool accessories world)? Are there other alternatives to the
HASA Liquidator?

Swg might be an option too. Still have to lug jugs for chlorinator. Just not as often.

As a side note, I saw someone signature that went something like this: Pools are like pets, you have to feed them and take care of them every day.

Either system results should be checked regularly.

Thanks you must have been reading my mind. I was just reading up on SWGs. I had one maybe ten years ago but because I was having to replace cells (at around $400 a pop) more often than I liked I ripped it out. The last cell I bought only lasted about a season and a half. I can't remember what brand it was. And maybe I was doing something wrong to cause early failure. Or maybe the technology has improved vastly from back then.

So does anyone have recommendations for SWG brands? How long do the Cells last?

I am seriously thinking of switching back since this forum is such a great resource for help. Sure did like the convenience of the SWG just got tired of shelling out so much cash to replace the cells.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bryan,
The CIRCUPOOL RJ60 PLUS may be something of interest. It has one the highest scores and is also sized for your pool. Remember, you need a cell with twice the capacity of the pool otherwise it gets worked to death.

Thanks. Still plan to do frequent testing. Just trying to get away from frequent dumping of liquid chlorine.
Bryan,
The CIRCUPOOL RJ60 PLUS may be something of interest. It has one the highest scores and is also sized for your pool. Remember, you need a cell with twice the capacity of the pool otherwise it gets worked to death.
Thanks for the response - especially the part about twice the capacity of the pool. I opened another thread in the SWG forum for suggestions. This unit seems reasonably priced.

Swg might be an option too. Still have to lug jugs for chlorinator. Just not as often.

As a side note, I saw someone signature that went something like this: Pools are like pets, you have to feed them and take care of them every day.

Either system results should be checked regularly.

I like a variation of that quote: You have to take care of them even if you're not playing with them.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.