Gold Supporter
May 14, 2022
Northern CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Im putting together a liquid chlorine dosing setup using a stenner econ-t pump with their 7.5 gallon tank. I’m injecting at the pool return line (so spa always gets non-chlorinated water). Since I have a new Polaris 380 running via booster pump I thought maybe the best time to dose would be when the cleaner is running: that way the chlorinated water gets dispersed evenly around the pool via the cleaner and added at top level by the normal returns. The booster pump intake comes just after the dose point.

What I’m wondering is whether the slow drip of chlorine might damage the cleaner’s PVC, tubing, fittings etc while operating, or if its so diluted that it poses little risk.

The pump I’m using is 5gpd and will run continuously during the dosing cycle. That works out to .003472 gallons/min, or about a half ounce of 12.5% sodium hypochlorite per minute. Split between the normal returns and the cleaner, thats maybe a quarter ounce per minute mixed in with 30gpm or so regular pool water running through the cleaner.

Very slow, shouldn't be an issue. I would hazard a guess that most SWCGs put out a higher chlorine content (but I could be wrong).

I don't think you need to send it through the cleaner, though - if it's going into the return water, it'll be distributed pretty quick anyway.

Reactions: alferz
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.