Liquid Chlorine Bad for Pool w DE Filter?

KingTJK

May 8, 2021
CT, USA
First, I’ve learned a ton from this site for nearly 10 years! Thank you!

I’ve been maintaining my pool mostly following the BBB method for the last years. To be honest, mostly bleach and only rarely baking soda. I have yet to need the borax. 😄

For the last couple of years I’ve been getting my liquid bleach at a place called Ocean State Job Lot here in Connecticut. 12.5% and much less expensive than Leslie’s. It’s sold under different brands but often one called Austin. I think it’s actually made in New Haven. At any rate, I was looking at the packaging this year and noticed it said not recommended for DE filters. Can anyone comment on why this may be? It’s worked wonders for the last couple of years. My chemicals always seemed well balanced and my pool is almost always crystal clear.

Any advice or insight is appreciated. Thanks!

-Tom

Welcome to TFP.

Never heard of that before. It may not be recommended for CLEANING DE filer grids. Sounds like a lawyer liability clause having nothing to do with chemistry.

Post pics of the label.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.