Liquid Blanket and Skimmer Socks

Patrickoleary

Apr 7, 2019
Greensburg,PA
I use the Heatr liquid blanket product and also use skimmer socks. In the skimmer socks, I get a lot of white substance that I am guessing is the liquid blanket? I assumed the socks would let that through, but am questioning it with now seeing the white substance in the sock daily. Any experience? I don't want to waste money on the liquid blanket if it is getting caught in the skimmer sock and I am tossing it out. Or obviously, I could take the skimmer socks off.

It might be pollen or dust getting trapped in the liquid blanket. .
We do have a number of trees and bushes nearby (we're the second owners, so we didn't do the landscaping!). Whatever it is, it clogging up the sock and causing low flo on the heater, and could be worse for the pump. With the sock, we need to be checking it much more often to prevent that.

Would the same thing happen with the liquid blanket at the filter instead of the sock?

We do have a number of trees and bushes nearby (we're the second owners, so we didn't do the landscaping!). Whatever it is, it clogging up the sock and causing low flo on the heater, and could be worse for the pump. With the sock, we need to be checking it much more often to prevent that.

Would the same thing happen with the liquid blanket at the filter instead of the sock?
I don't know. Never used the stuff.

Skimmer socks have always seemed too fine to me. I use hair nets instead. Obviously, the really fine stuff gets through the hair nets, but they do catch the big chunks (and bugs) and don't clog.

My oak pollen collects itself like a sponge. A handful of the stuff dry is just dust. Once it’s wet it would clog the skimmer net by itself. A few times a day. Do you have a lot of farms nearby ? It could be dust from plowing also. It’s about time for them to be working on the next crops.

Reactions: kdahlgren249

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
just now seeing this, but same time frame, I'm seeing a bunch of white stringy gunk in my skimmer and traced it back to all the cottonwood seeds I see floating down onto my pool surface. Have to manually scrape/pull it out, nasty stuff and really gums up. May consider opening later next year because of it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.