Liner replacement and new pool pump

alee59

Jun 29, 2019
gadsden al
It's been several years since i visited the site due to life and it's ups and down's. I do have question's , I am about to replace our liner
for the first time ( 12 years) and choosing between Tara and Latham liners any thought's
on these two? Also thinking of replacing my 10 y old pool pump at same time
any recommendations there also. 18x36 , 26,700 gallons Hayward sand fillter 344t, Hayward aquarite controller
with swg. Very basic rectangular pool, 1 skimmer, 2 drains, 2 returns, 2 bubblers in steps (at one end of pool). Thanks

Hey there Alee,..... some great pics of various vinyl liners to help you:

As for the pump- You'll find all the pumps for your pool are now Variable Speed for energy savings. Most folks with them can run them 24/7 at low speed and at less cost than their previous pump running for 8 hours!

Maddie 🌻

I have had a GLI liner and a Latham liner in the past two years - long story... The Latham liner was expertly installed, so the fit is great and the look is great. BUT... Even though the GLI liner was not installed correctly, I think the seams were a lot better concealed. The Latham liner seams are very visible - during the day and at night. If I had a choice, I would go back to GLI, but the Latham liner is of good quality and fits well so I am grateful to have that "difficult liner" chapter behind me. Best of luck with your choice.

It's been several years since i visited the site due to life and it's ups and down's. I do have question's , I am about to replace our liner
for the first time ( 12 years) and choosing between Tara and Latham liners any thought's
on these two? Also thinking of replacing my 10 y old pool pump at same time
any recommendations there also. 18x36 , 26,700 gallons Hayward sand fillter 344t, Hayward aquarite controller
with swg. Very basic rectangular pool, 1 skimmer, 2 drains, 2 returns, 2 bubblers in steps (at one end of pool). Thanks
Did you decide on Tara or Latham? I am between both but Latham is much more expensive in my quotes

Hi TonyBon yes we went with Latham mostly because installer was the first to be able to get to it and
he has a good rep in our town. Went dark this time courtstone grey and we love it. Water is a turquoise color.
He matched the Tara liner in price, so far so good!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.