Liner question

Hayseed

Bronze Supporter
Jun 7, 2018
Keyser, WV
Do pool stores typically have on hand and sell individual bead receiver track, I ordered track for my pool and have been shorted one to do the job. Would have to wait days for seller to send track, and I am wanting to install liner tomorrow. Is there a way to install liner with one track missing, and fill with water and insert track afterwards? I have another question if the answer to all this is no, no, no. As always thanks.

That's two no's, don't have pool contractors I know of. The pool store here said they would install their pool but not this year. My last ditch question is one I do not even know how to really ask but I will try. My pool is built for lap liner. I bought the bead tracks sons am one short. But the liner I bought is beaded, the kind where it has a j shape above the bead you tear off to install in to bead. My question is this, if I tear the top j molding off and then put the beaded liner stuffed down into the the bead receiver. It would seem to me if I could lap this top j shape over the top of the liner I would still have proper height in the liner to pool ratio. But I am not sure this is something you do or consider. Hope I explained this well enough, if not please interject and ask me questions thanks.

Went to the pool store and picked up the two pieces of track. They had a mock up display of my exact same liner. Guy there who works in the field too, told me they use this type liner, j hook and bead combined and simply hook it over the top of the liner. This is what I intend to do saving the bead track as a just in case. The reason I chose the j hook instead of the bead track piece method is because with the bead receiver track method, every time you have one track meet another track there is a spot for pool water to leak down in against the inner pool wall and just sit there and causing oxidation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.