Liner Issues, out of track and mortar in liner track

May 11, 2012
Split from Liner out of track A-B-Cs

I realize this is an old topic but my pool guy is non responsive to my calls..he usually gets right back so I am worried because he knows what the problem is..needless to say my liner is coming out in multiple places and not just the corners. I am not optimistic about getting it back in unless there is a lot of stretch gonna happen..One question..Should the liner lock be all around the pool or just at the corners..thanks

Re: Liner out of track A-B-Cs

I realize this is an old topic but my pool guy is non responsive to my calls..he usually gets right back so I am worried because he knows what the problem is..needless to say my liner is coming out in multiple places and not just the corners. I am not optimistic about getting it back in unless there is a lot of stretch gonna happen..One question..Should the liner lock be all around the pool or just at the corners..thanks
I have the liner lock in just the places it needs it. So no need to put around the entire pool as a "just in case." But just note how the rest of the liner reacts once the other parts are stretched back into place. The day you fix it everything might look great but then over the next several days you might find you need to go back and put another liner lock piece or two back in a new/unnoticed spot.

Re: Liner out of track A-B-Cs

This was a redo of the liner imo "just in case" was called for. I took some pics...the problem as I see it is the ll could not be put in because when they did the Cambridge coping they got mortar in the track.where there was no mortar they put it in.this looks like a disaster to me.. the type s mortar was used to build up the out of level pool..the pool never cracked. The mortar holding on the coping is just type s brick mortar and not appropriate in my opinion it is just type s on cement footing..no adhesive anything no mesh either..it is 16x32 sylvan from 1972

lner - Album on Imgur

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.