Liner install

Dec 26, 2018
IL
Got pool up. All seems good. Got a J-Hook liner installed top rails on. Got all wrinkles out of floor. Got about 6” of water in so far. Bottom seam isn’t touching cove. Liner seems very tight, liner isn’t touching wall either. Seems to be evenly pulling away fro wall all the way around. It was 60 and sunny when I installed it. Suppose to be about same weather today so I’ll wait til warms up mid day to fill more. Everything I have read says liner will stretch but seems it need to stretch an excessive amount. Does this seem right and I’m stressed for nothing?

The heat of the sun and air are very important for the proper fit of a liner.

I do want you to make sure you ordered the correct size of wall height liner. If you are sure then let the sun shine on the water in the pool to warm it up a bit. Then keep on filling. Keeping an eye on things. Do NOT cut any holes yet!! That is the last thing you do. Did you put a shop vac hose inside the skimmer hole?

I guess I’m pretty sure it is the correct liner there is nothing on box stating wall height. It was ordered as a kit with all other components of the pool. The item number on site I ordered it from comes back with 52”&54” liners. No shop vac was used. Sun is shining on it and it’s 62. Liner feels warm. Been filling for about an hour this morning. Maybe it’s fine just stressing me out.

Added some more Yesterday. Clouded up and rain so shut if off. Suppose to be 65 and coudy. May try to add some more. Then it will be colder, would it be fine if I wait to add more water when it warms a bit with say 12” of water? Or should I add more than that to let it sit for a few days?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This is the worst one four others but not in as much

Attachments

• 6B8E70C5-0FAD-4EE5-B113-841596F0AC4A.jpeg
    6B8E70C5-0FAD-4EE5-B113-841596F0AC4A.jpeg
    525.5 KB · Views: 24
  • BA2EA63C-8BF3-4F71-91CB-EC67EFA15622.jpeg
    BA2EA63C-8BF3-4F71-91CB-EC67EFA15622.jpeg
    442.9 KB · Views: 24
  • BDAC8CFF-40C2-40FD-9630-9DFD4A919A83.jpeg
    BDAC8CFF-40C2-40FD-9630-9DFD4A919A83.jpeg
    464.9 KB · Views: 23
I did. Had 13” of water pumped out to around 4”. Walls came back some not fully. Suppose to get strong winds tonight, fingers crossed. Wall ended up coming out of top rail. Walls aren’t creased so hopefully their fine.

Get ready to get on the phone with the company and show them the pics and tell them about the liner never getting close to the wall! I am starting to think it was for a small around pool than you have. Like if your pool is a 27' it was for a 2?' (smaller) pool.

Just wanted to give an update. Spoke with pool co. the day after the fiasco, was told the liner was correct, it needed to be warmer than it was, a new paper came out after I bought the pool stating this, that I was not sent. Pumped out most of the water, had to let it sit for a few weeks. Finally got a day of 80, pumped out all water took top rails off and repositioned liner better verified the liner was correct. Filled up about a foot, then it got cold again. This past weekend it got warm so I filled pool. Liner stretched that much buckles came out, and no ill effect, and looks great. Now I have to deal with algae, but as far as construction goes all done and looks good. Thank you for everyone’s help.

Reactions: kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.