Wichita
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Our PB mentioned that he may want to try and tent the pool area, heat the surrounding areas to 60°+ and install the liner.

Thoughts on this? Anyone ever had this done?

How much of a discount is he offering for the Winter Installation Specisl?

Well you are helping him make money during his slow time.

Who is on the hook for problems if it does not go well?

Reactions: Mdragger88
Well you are helping him make money during his slow time.

Who is on the hook for problems if it does not go well?
I do plan to ask that and get it in writing. I trust my PB, I’ve had great interactions with him so I’ve even thought about having a discussion about money. I would be willing to pay some ahead (not per the contract) to just wait until we have 50-60° weather.

Maybe that is a better option?

Is this a normal process for him?

How many tented winter liner installs has he done?

Can he give you 3 references to call where he has done it?

Just looking at your upcoming forecast I’m going to say that’s a really bad idea. If things were more temperate I might entertain it - gonna be hard to keep a tent that warm when its -6 at night. Not to mention more expensive. Someone will pay for that.
Wait till spring. Don’t pay him in advance to be on his schedule. Stick to the terms of the contract. You should be at the top of the list come spring. Did you have setbacks that delayed your liner installation?
IMG_8766.jpeg

Just looking at your upcoming forecast I’m going to say that’s a really bad idea. If things were more temperate I might entertain it - gonna be hard to keep a tent that warm when its -6 at night. Not to mention more expensive. Someone will pay for that.
Wait till spring. Don’t pay him in advance to be on his schedule. Stick to the terms of the contract. You should be at the top of the list come spring. Did you have setbacks that delayed your liner installation?
View attachment 549230
We did have setbacks that delayed the install. Many issues with the City and inspection. Most out of both my and his control. Long story…. I may make a post about it at some point.

He is not wanting to install now. We will be waiting for a few weeks minimum to get concrete poured and then see what the temps are doing. I’m thinking he intends to try when the temps are more in the 40s.

But, have not confirmed and I will.

Thank you all for the feedback!

Reactions: Newdude
IMO, the fill water temp gets overlooked as a big factor. While the top will stretch more with warmer weather, the bottom won't with fill water in the 50s. Even if the liner was pliable when the water hit the liner, it won't be in a flash. Both of my pools got filled without issue on unseasonably cool days with air temps in the 50s. The fill water would have been cool either way.

Your fill water will not swing quicky with the upcoming weather.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.