Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
Good Morning,:handwave:

We are about to make a decision on an AGP rated for being fully-buried. We plan on only burying it about 24" or so and backfilling with native soil. Looking for opinions/ experiences with liner changes in similar circumstances (leaning towards uni-bead liner). Do you think the wall will collapse if it's drained for liner replacement with it only being buried two feet or so?

Thanks for everyone's time.

Here's my best advice... If you're going to change the liner, do it on the hottest and most driest days of the summer when you change it out. If the water table is high (wet soil) that's when you have the biggest chances of a wall collapse.

Here's my best advice... If you're going to change the liner, do it on the hottest and most driest days of the summer when you change it out. If the water table is high (wet soil) that's when you have the biggest chances of a wall collapse.
Hey, thanks for your reply. I think the pool wall would be fine it being rated for full-bury and only going 24" in the ground but I'll continue to do some reading.

The wall rating and risk of collapse are 2 very different things. The wall rating is in regards to rusting out. The earth moving and an impending collapse is different. if you ever need to change the liner out, it is best to do it when it is hot and the water table is at it's lowest. Good luck to you.

Reactions: Nathan8372
To reduce the chance of collapse, the liner should be changed when the ground is completely dry and no rain is expected. What Casey said is basically what I was told by 2 installers, and what I found in all the research I've done online. One installer I talked with agreed to put the one I wanted 2 feet in the ground, only if I signed a waiver saying they weren't responsible for wall collapse when I changed the liner down the road. (the pool I was interested in was one rated for in ground) With that said, I think if you follow that guideline you'll be okay. Plenty of people have above grounds in the the ground various depths. Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.