Brownsburg, IN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Is this red circled area the spot where we blow out all of our return lines and the skimmers too? What position do I put my multi port on to bypass the sand filter?
I have no main drain. Do I change the multi port to different settings for suction line and return lines?

Attachments

• 82CAC417-4C6C-431B-ACC0-983D3701D600.jpeg
    82CAC417-4C6C-431B-ACC0-983D3701D600.jpeg
    558.5 KB · Views: 43
Bumping post. Does anyone know where I put my shop vac when looking at the picture above? Just on the one pipe circled or in 2 different places?

Based on what I can see, yes. To blow out your skimmers, you would put your blower on that, set your multiport to closed, and do each line at a time by closing one of the two valves. I like to blow air from the skimmer out to the pipe or pump with the lid off. This isn't always possible, but it eliminates the need to pump/bail out the skimmer basin

To blow our your returns, you will want to close both of the skimmer valves, set your multiport to recirculate, and then watch as water comes out of the returns. The shortest section will purge first and start to blow air. Plug this and the next section will start to purge. Repeat until none are left. Then you'll want to purge the line connected to the booster pump.

I normally repeat the process on each line again to get a little more water. I haven't had good luck with my shop vac (4.5hp) and I find that I get more water out with an air compressor set to around 20-30 psi.

Lastly, you'll want to remove the drain plugs on your heater, pump, and filter to let them drain. I would recommend storing what equipment you can inside.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.