Like getting socks for Christmas - pool is still green

Buy lots of plain ole bleach.
Ph is perfect to start SLAM.
Hold FC TO 24
pass the three tests.

- - - Updated - - -

You are in this SLAM boat because FC during normal operation Should always be between 6-9 for your CYA level.

Nooooooo!!!! I was afraid of that!

Leslies Taylor K-2005 equivalent

FC 1

TC 2

CC 1

Ph 7.2

TA 80

CH 140

CYA 52

I tried an acid demand test but it went yellow and thats not what the directions said it was supposed to do.

I shocked yesterday morning.
A couple things: 1) You have the wrong test kit. The K-2005 is a DPD test kit. The K-2006 has the FAS-DPD test. They are not the same, no matter what the clerk at Leslies says. It's too bad we didn't discover this fact when you were encouraged to buy the full refill set in the first reply to your first post a week ago. The good news is that you can order just the FAS-DPD test and convert your kit. If you haven't ordered refills yet, it will probably be cheaper to order a whole new TF100 from that site than get the FAS-DPD test and refills for everything else.
2) The acid demand test went yellow because you don't need acid. That's just one way to figure out how much to add. Plugging numbers into poolmath is faster and easier.
3) No more Algaecides. Algaecides work better as a preventative than as a cure in the same way that wiping a surface with Lysol stops the spread of cold germs but drinking Lysol won't cure a cold. Algaecide will not clear a green pool. Period. Some algaecides have copper compounds, which are great algaecides but stain the walls and leave blondes with green hair. Others have ammonia compounds, which react with bleach. So you add two different chemicals and they neutralize each other. Why bother?

Your pool did not go green in one day, and it's been green for a while. It will not get clear overnight. Even with the proper test kit and following the SLAM Process perfectly, it will take about a week to get a murky green pool clear.

If you need some encouragement, or just some pictures, see Recovering my old inspirational links

I figured the CYA has been the problem all along, too.

When I got involved (2 weeks ago) it was near 110

I emptied the pool to about 45% and refilled. Its been 50-52 since.

Theres also this near foam over it the whole summer. I say "near" foam because its not quite foam. Mainly just a whole heckuva lot of white bubbles. My suspicion is this is gas from the algae.

I'll havta be strategic about the SLAM process. We dont have continuous days to watch it. The weekend is pretty much the only time we can stand by it.

Also - any recomendations for a FAS-DPD test kit. Everything I'm seeing is almost $100

I know, I know - I've already spent close to $700 this summer trying to treat my pool, but part of that was a new test $76 test kit. Li'l help?

- - - Updated - - -

The good news is that you can order just the FAS-DPD test and convert your kit. If you haven't ordered refills yet, it will probably be cheaper to order a whole new TF100 from that site than get the FAS-DPD test and refills for everything else.

Thanks for the recommendation! I'll order it today!

I greatly appreciate your comments and advice as well. Its not what I want to hear, but what I need to know.

Thanks!

I will be the light at the end of the tunnel.( and no it won’t be a train). After the SLAM you should be down to just adding bleach daily. Your money outlay will decrease dramatically from here on out. Bleach is cheap.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.