lights, lights, lights, what kind, size and how many lights to use

DavidJohnson

Jul 26, 2022
chicago
I am renovating a 16'x32' Grecian vinyl pool with center depth of 4.5' water level. Our pool is 10 feet from the back of our house with the long edge parallel to the house. I'm not interested in light displays or pre-programmed light shows just a basic lighting system. It would be nice to be able to change a fixed colors, though. Should I use LED, incandescent, or Halogen? Looking at the different sizes and types it's hard to compare. A single large or multiple smaller? How do you compare wattage? A local pool company suggested a Pentair AquaLumin III Nichless 250W 1210V Halogen pool light on the long edge closest to the house. I guess we can get clip on filters if we want to change color, not sure what to think about this? I have no idea how bright this will be as I don't have anything to compare. Any suggestions? What do you do???

Thank you.

You want lights along the long side closest to the house so the light projects away from the house and not the opposite. Nichless is the way to go today maybe microbrites made by pentair and are color changing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.