Lighted sheer descent examples?

KDee

Jul 7, 2021
Southern CA
We are finally at the part of the process where we have to come to a final decision on the water features that we want for our pool remodel. Our pool is freeform and we are wanting to do about a 5-6' sheer descent on a convex portion where the wall is raised about 2 feet above the waterline. We are talking with Oreq to get a custom waterfall made for about $2000. But as I was looking through some of the posts here, I saw mention of lighted sheer descents (I think by Jandy). Now I'm wondering if we want to go lighted instead and what the cost will be.
Do any of you have pictures of sheer descents with lighting that you can share to see if I need to be looking further into this and approximate cost? Also, any thoughts on the pump that we would need for that? PB had a 1 hp Whisperflo on order for that, but is that appropriate for this application?
Any advice is appreciated!

Let's give this a bump, I am sure there are members with lighted systems out there. Pump sizing is so many gallons per inch of waterfall width. A VS pump is best used so you can dial in the water flow rate.

In my opinion, lighted water features look nice, but they seem to fail at a pretty high rate.

I would avoid this feature as much as possible.

Once the light stops working, virtually no one will work on them and replacing the features costs thousands of dollars.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.