Arkansas
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I am about to start a in ground pool install and I have 2 of the low voltage Hayward Color Logic lights that are going into it. I ordered lights with 100' cords, but they were out and sent lights with 50' cords.

50' is not long enough to reach my equipment pad. I don't have an ideal location for a junction box (it would be out in the middle of the yard). What do you do in this situation? I know they make watertight splice kits, but everything I have read says do not to splice.

Is a junction box my only option?

Duck,

Send the 50' lights back and buy the right size.. You ordered 100' what idiot would send out 50' lights in their place?

They owe you new lights of the correct length.

Assuming you don't want to do that, then an above ground junction box is your only option.. No splices are allowed.

Thanks,

Jim R.

COVID has caused the pool supply world to slow to a crawl. They called and said that all they had were 50' lights. I waited almost 10 weeks on the pool kit and did not want to have to wait longer on 100' cords. Honestly 100' cords would still not been long enough on one of the two lights. I will just figure out a place to put a junction box, I think it needs to be at least 8" above the waterline. Does that sound correct?

Duck,

I don't know the exact spec, but all the ones I have seen are around 18"...

You need to think of a way to disguise it.. maybe inside a flower bed or fake well or ???

Thanks,

Jim R.

And then run this cable back to your panel, I use this stuff for everything.. You may be able to get it cheaper at an electrical supply house locally.. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.