May 12, 2022
Philadelphia
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi neewbie here,
I have a 22 year old plaster 20' x 40' Sylvan pool. I believe the light fixture is shot so it's replacement time. The fixture is American Products series 7885xx, 7845xx, 7895xx. 500 watt 120 volt bulb type R-40.
I have no info about the niche. I was thinking this would be a good replacement?

Pentair 78458100 Amerlite Underwater Incandescent Pool Light with Stainless Steel Face Ring, 120 Volt, 50 Foot Cord, 500 Watt​

Also I want to put an led color changing bulb in this fixture. Can I reuse the gasket? We are talking about a brand new fixture that has never been wet. I want to pop it open, install a led bulb seal it and screw it into the existing niche.
Thoughts or suggestions appreciated, Thanks
Should I drain the pool to below the niche when replacing the fixture? My plan is to drain it below the fixture pull the new cord and clear silicone caulk the cord so no water can get into the conduit. I live in Pa so freeze protection in mandatory. Has anyone ever heard of the light conduit freezing and breaking causing a leak?

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.