Leveling pavers with a transit

JeaniB

Gold Supporter
May 30, 2019
Midwest
Ok,.. 32x16x52 pool is up,. Ground was leveled, pool tarp down, 1/2” foam board, then gorilla pad. I have 12x12 concrete pavers for each leg support. I’m picking up a transit in the morning. Should I start with the lowest pavers as level and bring the others down? I’m not real sure how to use the transit. I’m reading and watching how to videos,... any tips will be greatly appreciated!
I will never install another ABG pool, ever!!😩

jblizzle

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 19, 2010
Tucson, AZ
You need to dig down the pavers to level with the lowest one. Then I think you would level the rest of the ground and install the foam board around the pavers, etc

JeaniB

Gold Supporter
May 30, 2019
Midwest
Thanks everyone!! The ground was leveled for me before I put the padding and the pool up. I just used the transit to check the ground where I’m placing the pavers,.. it is within 1/2 inch all the way around. I will make the pavers even with the ground and re check.
I read that the leg supports shift during filling. Does anyone know if I should expect them to shift towards the pool or away?

Attachments

JackinthaBox

May 21, 2019
Conowingo Maryland
Ok,.. 32x16x52 pool is up,. Ground was leveled, pool tarp down, 1/2” foam board, then gorilla pad. I have 12x12 concrete pavers for each leg support. I’m picking up a transit in the morning. Should I start with the lowest pavers as level and bring the others down? I’m not real sure how to use the transit. I’m reading and watching how to videos,... any tips will be greatly appreciated!
I will never install another ABG pool, ever!!😩
Yeah I will never install another one either! I’m a remodeling contractor so I’m used to projects but mine was a huge pain. And of course I have crusher run under my pool so digging down my pavers and buttresses for my oval pool was like chipping away concrete. I don’t recommend lol

Reactions: JeaniB