Leveling Intex pool on concrete

NorthCali

Aug 15, 2020
Northern CA
We recently bought an Intex pool that’s 16 feet across and 4 feet high. I started to set it up in a concrete area next to our house and discovered that it’s about 3.5 inches off from one side to the other, since the concrete slopes down slightly.

I tried raising the legs on the low side but that didn’t help, so I’m going to take it down and start over. What can I do to level the area? Would plywood help?

Does it have to go on the concrete? Intex pools are made to go on level ground, so if you have an area of lawn you can de-sod and level, that would be ideal.

Just remember, dig to the lowest spot, don’t try to fill to get to the highest spot.

Question, I have an area that is 2ft sloped out of level and this is where I want to put my AGP. My plan is to dig down the high side and move the dirt to the low side as I dig and compact them level (adding the high side dirt to the low side) and using a plate compactor as I go.

My question is since I since I'm leveling both down and up but compacting as well is this ok?

It‘s iffy. A compactor may not compact your fill as well as thousands of pounds of water. I would dig high side all the way down to be level with the low side

Reactions: chi-chi
How much further out than the pool diameter do you plan on raising the low side? On a 2 foot slope I can’t see you not eventually washing out whatever you attempt to add to the low end, even if you compact it perfectly. Dig down to the lowest point you’ll be happy you did it that way the first time.

Reactions: chi-chi
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.