Leveling ground for AGP

Westphal

Jan 27, 2021
Pasadena, MD
We set up our pool last summer (Who’s getting ready for the next season?!), and I'm making improvements for this coming summer. My initial plan was to dig out a trench around the outside for river rock and that's done (see picture), then I realized that I need to add the sand back on top of the rest of the ground where the pool where sit, so I'll need to re-level the entire surface. The circle was 18' in diameter last year, but now it's 20' to allow for the river rock border. Is this the best way to add the border?

I'm also concerned about the height difference between the ground and the pool level on the right side and front. Should I fill up that side with the river rock up to the top, or wall off that side with boards or something? Any other suggestions or comments?

Thanks,

Greg

Attachments

• 20210129_132100-1.jpg
    20210129_132100-1.jpg
    663.4 KB · Views: 46
This is exactly what my yard looked like a couple years ago when leveling for my Intex Ultra Frame 18’ x 52”. Gotta love having a sloped/uneven backyard 😭. I wish I had advice for you! We didn’t do a pretty rock border or any landscaping since this was my “starter”/practice pool to see if I want to commit to a “real” AGP (and I doooo!), so our ground/pavers shifted a bit, leaving our originally 1/2 inch off-level pool about 2 inches off-level this past summer.

Hopefully someone with experience can chime in. I’m following this thread for sure! We are getting a new AGP this spring and will definitely be paying someone to fix the groundwork lol. Good luck and sorry I couldn’t be of more help!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Westphal
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.