Let the games begin...copper-silver ionization

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is, in my mind, the definitive post (Post #15 by @chem geek ) on the subject of metal ions & sanitation-

Also, if pool owners are creating “dangerous disinfection by-products” in their outdoor swimming pools, it’s because they are not properly maintaining their pool. Blaming chlorine for pool chemistry issues is a lot like blaming the gun for an armed robbery ...

I want to make sure people here understand I am not promoting this idea. TFP methods are the way. This was in my news feed and thought I'd pass it on.
Sure... I bet your beard was blonde before you started using your copper and silver voodoo magic. :)

• Haha
Reactions: JoeSelf and Newdude
Also, if pool owners are creating “dangerous disinfection by-products” in their outdoor swimming pools, it’s because they are not properly maintaining their pool. Blaming chlorine for pool chemistry issues is a lot like blaming the gun for an armed robbery ...
Exactly. If you are allowing people to pee in your pool, you should expect some issues. Also note the article said that there was a huge difference between indoor and outdoor pools and the byproducts sticking around.

Another low information/bad information new feed subject.

Reactions: JoyfulNoise
I can never understand the alternative rational. ‘Bleach is so bad so lets use copper instead’... Serious, copper? Copper is now banned In a multitude of applications due to its serious environmental impacts but go ahead and let the kids swim in soup full of it! No thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Newdude
Another aspect not considered is the effect on the pool itself. Shouldn't all product manufacturers take the equipment and pool into consideration as damage to them just to save a bit of chlorine is hardly responsible.

Maddie :flower:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Today someone in my neighborhood asked (on-line) about a UV system for his pool. Then he said he didn't have a salt water pool. I told him to forget the UV system and he should spend the money on changing to salt water. And to come here!

Reactions: HermanTX

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.