Gallatin, TN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
The other day I noticed a couple rust spots on the bottom of pool. No big deal, they pop up once in awhile. But then I noticed more and more. They were all mainly where the wall and floor meet. That seemed weird.

So I dove down with my vitamin C tabs and started rubbing the spots with the tabs. They were coming off easy.

As I was cleaning the spots, I noticed small metal fibers moving from the spot. Then it dawned on me! I realized this was from a few days ago when I did a SLAM. I had brushed the entire pool and also did some spot cleaning in the nooks and crannies with a small wire brush. It looks like pieces of the brush came off and caused the rust spots.

I will only be using a nylon brush for my detail scrubbing.

The vitamin C tabs are so simple and work!

This post is mainly information to help out others.

Have a great day!

Reactions: Nanifen
Unrelated to pools - but I never use a wire brush on my grill anymore - those same wire bristles WILL fall off and may get stuck to a burger or steak you are cooking. A buddy of mine had to have surgery to remove a bristle that penetrated his throat in his upper neck.
Same, but without the hospital trip. Got lucky and was stuck in the gums with a bristle.

Reactions: SouthVirginiaPool
felt something sharp on my pool robot, a piece of wire from the wire brush was lodged into part of it. now I notice the robot is picking up a few of these tiny wires often, like little needles. I will never use a metal brush again

Last edited:
Reactions: SouthVirginiaPool
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.