Damascus, MD
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I let my pool water evaporate to around 3/4" below the "1/2way up the skimmers" point. I now see that my skimmers seems to work a lot better pulling in more stuff and generally having better flow. Is there anything bad/wrong with running my pool level here instead of at the 1/2way point?

pg,

I can't think of any downside except having to fill more often, unless you have an auto-fill.

I have not seen better skimming when a little low, but I have noticed that if I am over the halfway point I see less skimming action..

Thanks,

Jim R.

I put a little bit in. I am going to start keeping it at 1/2" below half. It is no where near sucking air.
just to be clear, are you talking about halfway between the arrow at minimum level and the top, or do you really mean halfway from top to bottom of opening? I didn't check mine before asking but i think my min level arrow is about halfway total opening. thanks.

now that you mention it, it does seem to skim better at lower than full levels. i have been keeping mine as full as possible, just below the top of the opening. we have had so much rain i have not added any water so far this year. after our recent heat wave, my level is now coming down.

just to be clear, are you talking about halfway between the arrow at minimum level and the top, or do you really mean halfway from top to bottom of opening? I didn't check mine before asking but i think my min level arrow is about halfway total opening. thanks.

now that you mention it, it does seem to skim better at lower than full levels. i have been keeping mine as full as possible, just below the top of the opening. we have had so much rain i have not added any water so far this year. after our recent heat wave, my level is now coming down.

As far as I know I don't have an "official" arrow or anything that says where the water level should go. But I mean around 1/2" below 1/2 way up the skimmer opening. Basically my tile line has a split at exactly 1/2 way which is where I was keeping the level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.