Leslie's is laughable

I think everyone begins their pool testing with uncertainty......surely the CYA test being the worst.

1. Missing it by 10-15 points doesn't really matter and, I promise, you will get a bit better in time.

2. It is the best REASONABLY priced test there is. I am sure there is some scientific lab test somewhere that may do better but no affordable for a pool kit.
I appreciate that. Im following the TFP guidelines for a cya test. Sun to your back, tube in your shadow... fill the comparator until you see no trace of the black dot... and when i do that, i get somewhere between 45 and 55. I don't use tri-chlor (liquid chlorine only) and no stabilizer has been put in my pool since the PB started it up in Feb. Their number was so much higher than my test though that it made me wonder if I was performing the test incorrectly.

Last edited:
i dunno why all yall hating on leslies. i've been goin to leslies for 20 years they aint never steered me wrong nowhere. dunno y u suckers are payin for "test kits", leslies does that for free dummies!!!!!! i only spend 3 gs a year in chemicals and look at my pool now. thanks leslies!!!!!!

how-to-get-rid-of-algae-in-a-pool-step-1-A.jpg

That's their "Pool of the Month" for being the best quality water of all of their customers.

What do you get as the Pool of the Month winner?

You get a free month’s supply of EZ-Pool super duper magic 18-in-1 do it all product!!!

It includes copper, potassium persulfate, trichlor, dichlor, sodium bisulfate, sodium carbonate, enzymes, aluminum sulfate, silver, zinc, sodium triphosphate, sodium bromide, ammonia, calcium chloride, sodium chloride, cyanuric acid, sand, DE and 12 secret proprietary ingredients.

You also get a bottle of top quality test strips.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: dfwnoob
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.