Leslie's chlorine

Bandit5

Bronze Supporter
Jul 19, 2014
Philadelphia, PA
I am planning the install of a Stenner pump system and decided to check out different sources for bulk chlorine rather than individual gallons of Walmart bleach. So I stopped by the local Leslie's store on my way home to see if their liquid chlorine came in bulk and was fresh. The guy behind the counter said that they don't get many request for liquid chlorine and I took that to indicate that it would not be fresh without turnover. But I pressed on and asked for a price and quantities available. He told me they came in gallon jugs with two in a box for $12.71. This seemed high so I was about to just leave when I asked for the strength in percentage. He asked the other guy in the back room and he came back with 27.5%. I thought, wow, that is strong... and would degrade quickly due to the strength. I did some searching when I got home and can find no mentions of anything close to 27.5$ of chlorine. So after doing a little searching, I found hydrogen peroxide at 27.5% strength. Where they about to sell me hydrogen peroxide in place of chlorine?

As with many pool store employees they probably had no idea what they were talking about. Chemical supply houses and janitorial supply houses are the best places to look in areas other than year round pool states (FL, TX, AZ & CA).

Topher55 has it right, 10 & 12.5 are the most common.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.