Leisure Pool Rivera 26 - Pool Size & Install Process

rgedad

Jul 28, 2022
Fort Worth, TX
Pool Size
Just did my first fill yesterday - I now have a firm pool size number to use for my additive chemical calculations.
Pool is the Leisure Pool Rivera 26 - Fiberglass.
Pool is listed as 26.5' x 14.3' but that is shipping dimensions I think. The pool is oval with undulating sides and a large seating area.
Inside dimensions at pool waterline are closer to 25.5' x 13', and the sides slope in with a large shallower seating area.
1666501511524.png
Leisure company literature states the pool is 12,600 Gallons
My initial calculations show it should be 11,100 Gallons (assuming rectangular shape and average depth)
Further refinement of my calculation based on an oval shape puts it closer to 8,680 Gallons but without compensation for seating area and sloped sides/steps.
We just did our first fill yesterday - Yea - at last. Pool was filled to 3" up the 5" skimmer port
Total fill (Measured via the City electronic Water Meter) was 796.74 Cubic Feet (CF) of Water . There are 7.48 Gallons per CF. So My pool is 5959.6 Gallons, Or to keep the chemical calculations easy…6,000 Gallons

Elected to have a poured concrete equipment pad instead of the Styrofoam pad in their standard package. That was installed before anything else
Crew showed up to start the install but the trucks to haul the excavated dirt never showed - so they just got the ground marked and set up some of their tools for a couple of hours.
Next day they started at 8 AM…by 8 PM they had the hole dug, leveled with gravel, pool emplaced, hoses connected, Back filled with gravel, Equipment placed and connected on the equipment pad and connected to the pool and started to fill the pool. Quite Impressive.
Second install day was leveling out the ground around the pool and finishing the pool fill.
Third Day (today) was 4 hours of setting the forms and rebar for the concrete. Concrete should be early next week (Weather depending - rain predicted).
Last major item is the electrical connection (initial electrician install discussion scheduled for tomorrow morning)

FYI: the installer used 30 tons (2 truckloads) of gravel for the bottom & sides, plus one truckload of dirt to re-level the area around the pool. When they set the forms and rebar for the concrete deck I saw them drill through the edge of the pool to put in rebar through the pool shell to lock it to the pool deck concrete - I was very happy to see they were doing it the right way. Connecting the rebar, handrail, and pump equipment to ground is done when the concrete is poured. I did note they have the device in-place at the equipment pad for the waterline but not the grounding rod.

Contract included 3' deck around the pool, we increased to 4' and added a large deck to connect to our patio for an additional ~400 sq ft at ~$11 sq ft. We found our existing patio has a slight slope across it, and the existing sidewalk now attached to the deck has further slope (away from the house luckily). Added a surface drain between the existing structures and the new pool deck as the water will run toward those areas.

The installers process is to NOT cut and cap the broken irrigation lines. They claimed it makes it easier for the irrigation repair to find the broken lines. My irrigation guy did not scoff at this (or perhaps he saw the $$'s in this wisdom) - I do not know. In any case - my backyard irrigation has to be almost completely redone. Thankfully, it appears the main feed line and zone control lines have possibly survived the carnage. I was originally gonna have my lawn guy do the fixes (he does little irrigation head fixes from time to time), but I then realized the extent of the irrigation repair/rebuild so I brought in my (much more expensive, and knowledgeable) irrigation guy to rebuild the system.

Still waiting on the missing Hayward heater/cooler.

Elected to have a poured concrete equipment pad instead of the Styrofoam pad in their standard package. That was installed before anything else
Crew showed up to start the install but the trucks to haul the excavated dirt never showed - so they just got the ground marked and set up some of their tools for a couple of hours.
Next day they started at 8 AM…by 8 PM they had the hole dug, leveled with gravel, pool emplaced, hoses connected, Back filled with gravel, Equipment placed and connected on the equipment pad and connected to the pool and started to fill the pool. Quite Impressive.
Second install day was leveling out the ground around the pool and finishing the pool fill.
Third Day (today) was 4 hours of setting the forms and rebar for the concrete. Concrete should be early next week (Weather depending - rain predicted).
Last major item is the electrical connection (initial electrician install discussion scheduled for tomorrow morning)
So excited for you! I’m at about the same spot but doing vinyl. Concrete deck scheduled to be poured end of this week weather permitting and just waiting on panel board and few other miscellaneous pieces for electrical connection.

FYI: the installer used 30 tons (2 truckloads) of gravel for the bottom & sides,
It’s amazing how much it takes sometimes. I just brought in 50 ton for backfill.
Contract included 3' deck around the pool, we increased to 4' and added a large deck to connect to our patio for an additional ~400 sq ft at ~$11 sq ft.
That’s a steal! My concrete is $12.50 sq ft and that’s with an insider and cash discount. Everyone else by me is between $17-$25 sq ft right now.

Rebar is all set now - awaiting Concrete. We got 3 Inches of rain yesterday - really a deluge. 1/2 way through the storm the rebar guys and electrician finally called a halt and went home. Too much rain to work in. I had previously filled the pool to just over 3.5 inches (of 5) of the skimmer. Now the water level is over the top of the skimmer opening - about an inch to the top of the pool. Makes it easy to see how level the pool is. Will leave it to the contractor to figure that out how to open the pool. More rain predicted for Friday. Electrician is here today will mostly finish up the electrical work. Putting in a 100 Amp sub panel for the electric heater/cooler and pump. Still awaiting the heater/cooler delivery. the electricians seem to be doing nice organized cabling.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.