Leg issue with 18x52 Intex Ultra XTR above ground pool - HELP

kmresler

We have a new 18x52 Intex Ultra XTR above ground pool that we have filed up about a 3/4 of the way and stopped so we can install the salt water systems and pump, etc. While setting up the pumps and stuff we noticed that one of the leg buttons that should be fully popped out to ensure its secure was only partially in and the leg itself at a slant near that area. The leg itself is level but we are concerned that once the pool is fully filled up and people are in it, it will cause pressure on the joint that this leg is connected to. Based on the pictures provided, is it easier to just cut our losses and empty about a foot or so from the ground of the pool to readjust the leg or is there some way to jam/push the leg up or down so the button snaps into place.

I have several pictures including the pool level, and the picture of the leg in question I can DM anyone directly as well.

Let me know if anyone has any ideas other than draining it to reset it.

Attachments

• pool1.jpg
    pool1.jpg
    332.5 KB · Views: 39
  • pool2.jpg
    pool2.jpg
    339.3 KB · Views: 36
  • pool3.jpg
    pool3.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 40
  • pool6.jpg
    pool6.jpg
    307.8 KB · Views: 42
Welcome to TFP! :wave: Unless another AGP owner chimes in soon with some tips & tricks, I'm thinking you might have to relive some of the water pressure so that you can safely manipulate that fitting to make it secure. What a bummer. :(

Reactions: kmresler
We have a new 18x52 Intex Ultra XTR above ground pool that we have filed up about a 3/4 of the way and stopped so we can install the salt water systems and pump, etc. While setting up the pumps and stuff we noticed that one of the leg buttons that should be fully popped out to ensure its secure was only partially in and the leg itself at a slant near that area. The leg itself is level but we are concerned that once the pool is fully filled up and people are in it, it will cause pressure on the joint that this leg is connected to. Based on the pictures provided, is it easier to just cut our losses and empty about a foot or so from the ground of the pool to readjust the leg or is there some way to jam/push the leg up or down so the button snaps into place.

I have several pictures including the pool level, and the picture of the leg in question I can DM anyone directly as well.

Let me know if anyone has any ideas other than draining it to reset it.
We had a water truck come in to fill our pool. when it was done we noticed that one of the legs was no longer on the sunken cement pavers. Husband brought out a tall jack of some sort. We put it right near the connector and he was able to raise The top rail high enough for me to be able to pull the leg into position.
Our pool is an Intex 15’ x 48“.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.