LED strips for inground pool lighting

Jun 5, 2016
Montreal
Hi all,
I am changing the liner on my inground pool and was looking for an alternative to my current lighting, which is built into the walls of my pool. For clarity, I don't know the technical name of this model of light, but it is the one that you can access the light fixture from the white access points on the cement coping around the pool.

The reason for moving away from the inground lights is that the prior pool owner always had problems with them leaking over time. I realize putting a new liner and new light fixtures will help, but I am trying to reduce potential leak spots given the age of the pool (35 yrs old). Since I have the wiring in place (tested and working), I was wondering if there was an option to go with a LED strip that I can install around the entire pool, feeding off the existing wiring? I am open to other ideas as well.

If nothing else, then I guess I will stick with what I have an maybe reduce the number of lights from 4 to 2. The current bulb requirements are PAR 38's....can these be replaced with a regular LED Par 38 bulb or similar (BR30 etc...)?

Thanks!

Good morning! I realize you posted your question over a week ago, but if you haven't resolved your lighting issue yet I though you might be infested in the posting from another member below.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.