LED light recommendation

Is there a go to LED light? We currently have an incandescent light (Pentair Spectrum Amerilite (SAM) Light) under our diving board (in-ground pool). It's been burned out for a while so thinking about upgrading when we replace our liner.

Currently we use a rocker switch to change colors. Will the same switch work or do you need a control box with the LEDs?

Could I just use a conversion kit like this? Conversion kit

Last edited:
I'll admit, light conversions is not my strong suit. But once you take into consideration the light size, voltage availability & requirement, there are a variety of options. My LEDs also operate off of a toggle switch, but others employ automation and take it up a notch. Online resources like the one you already found give you a good starting point. You may also give some of the big online pool resource centers a quick call to compare notes. Hopefully some fellow TFP'ers will reply with their own personal experience of doing the light swap. I know they're out there.

Reactions: Scsu74
I'll admit, light conversions is not my strong suit. But once you take into consideration the light size, voltage availability & requirement, there are a variety of options. My LEDs also operate off of a toggle switch, but others employ automation and take it up a notch. Online resources like the one you already found give you a good starting point. You may also give some of the big online pool resource centers a quick call to compare notes. Hopefully some fellow TFP'ers will reply with their own personal experience of doing the light swap. I know they're out there.
Thank you for the reply!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.