Jan 5, 2016
Northern California
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pureline Crystal Pure 40,000
I am renovating my IG pool and would like a new LED light. I'm still not sure about color vs White. Attached is the light I have currently. What is the best way to convert to LED? I think my current light is 12V as I have 2 black transformers at my pool equipment pad. Current light is 500W.

Thanks!
89ec381df1cd0080de3f2cd186e8eca2.jpg

Yes, blizz, do tell. Like the original poster I’ve been scheming to upgrade to the bulb too...you know, to match my pink led-lit cowboy hat to wear while riding a bull-float ;)

Changeze, your light looks like my light, which I think is a Pentair Amerilight. This link on inyopools.com shows you how to identify...they also carry led replacements: How To Identify a Replacement Pool Bulb / Light - INYOPools.com

Yes, blizz, do tell. Like the original poster I’ve been scheming to upgrade to the bulb too...you know, to match my pink led-lit cowboy hat to wear while riding a bull-float ;)

Changeze, your light looks like my light, which I think is a Pentair Amerilight. This link on inyopools.com shows you how to identify...they also carry led replacements: How To Identify a Replacement Pool Bulb / Light - INYOPools.com

Thanks. I actually bought a replacement LED light from INYO a few days ago. Excited to try it out in a few weeks.

I am renovating my IG pool and would like a new LED light. I'm still not sure about color vs White. Attached is the light I have currently. What is the best way to convert to LED? I think my current light is 12V as I have 2 black transformers at my pool equipment pad. Current light is 500W.

Thanks!
89ec381df1cd0080de3f2cd186e8eca2.jpg

You may want to consider the Pureline PureColors Color Changing LED or Pureline white LED by INYOPOOLS. Fyi, the color changing LED can be set to a static color including white.
Obviously, you have water inside the fixture. If the leak is coming from the rubber boot then it's time to replace the light fixture. Can't figure out if the external ring is covered with plaster dust or calcium build up?

INYOPOOLS has the Pentair Amerlite pool light fixtures. You need to remove the fixture and take note of the model or part# of the niche. Then call INYOPOOLS to confirm the correct fitment.

Thanks. I actually bought a replacement LED light from INYO a few days ago. Excited to try it out in a few weeks.
ahhh...ok! I came in a little too late in the game. Hope you ordered the gasket as well and don't forget to inspect the rubber boot. If your pool is not ready, soak the fixture in a bucket full of water to test for leaks.

You may want to consider the Pureline PureColors Color Changing LED or Pureline white LED by INYOPOOLS. Fyi, the color changing LED can be set to a static color including white.
Obviously, you have water inside the fixture. If the leak is coming from the rubber boot then it's time to replace the light fixture. Can't figure out if the external ring is covered with plaster dust or calcium build up?

INYOPOOLS has the Pentair Amerlite pool light fixtures. You need to remove the fixture and take note of the model or part# of the niche. Then call INYOPOOLS to confirm the correct fitment.

I actually ordered the multi-color Pureline LED bulb and these as well...

SS Face Ring
Lens gasket replacement
Clear tempered lense
Uni-tension wire clamp assembly

Hope that fixes any leak that may be occurring.

While you can set it to a static color including White, the white is not nearly as bright as the old halogen and likely not as bright as a dedicated white LED. The closer you get to read the shorter the throw of the light making the far into very dark. Given the size of my pool having two lights would have been much better even for when I just had the single halogen.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

I actually ordered the multi-color Pureline LED bulb and these as well...

SS Face Ring
Lens gasket replacement
Clear tempered lense
Uni-tension wire clamp assembly

Hope that fixes any leak that may be occurring.

Changed my mind. I'm ordering an entire new fixture/bulb just to be safe.

Changed my mind. I'm ordering an entire new fixture/bulb just to be safe.

Glad to know. You will surely have some peace of mind knowing that your fixture is new and leak free. The challenging part is, you need to pull out the old cable and pull in the new one. There’s a handful of YouTube videos for reference or ask your PB to replace the fixture for you if you’re not confident doing it yourself.

Probe the input power source to confirm 12VAC or read the printed label on the existing bulb. Measure the distance between the fixture and the power source or junction box if any. Take into account at least 5’ of cable slack on the fixture side to allow you to place the fixture on top of the coping for servicing.

My 17 years old fixture leaks from the rubber boot (cable entry) and has no long-term fix other than replacing the fixture. I switched from 120 VAC fixture to 12 VAC (PL5821) with 50ft cable. The PL5821 is shipped with a pre-installed 12VAC/ 300 watts incandescent bulb. Per the instructions, you need to open the fixture and replace the bulb with LED (PL5808) that was shipped in a separate box.

Glad to know. You will surely have some peace of mind knowing that your fixture is new and leak free. The challenging part is, you need to pull out the old cable and pull in the new one. There’s a handful of YouTube videos for reference or ask your PB to replace the fixture for you if you’re not confident doing it yourself.

Probe the input power source to confirm 12VAC or read the printed label on the existing bulb. Measure the distance between the fixture and the power source or junction box if any. Take into account at least 5’ of cable slack on the fixture side to allow you to place the fixture on top of the coping for servicing.

My 17 years old fixture leaks from the rubber boot (cable entry) and has no long-term fix other than replacing the fixture. I switched from 120 VAC fixture to 12 VAC (PL5821) with 50ft cable. The PL5821 is shipped with a pre-installed 12VAC/ 300 watts incandescent bulb. Per the instructions, you need to open the fixture and replace the bulb with LED (PL5808) that was shipped in a separate box.

I actually ordered a J&J Electronics ColorSplash Color LED Pool Light | 120V 30'' Cord | LPL-F1C-120-30-P from a different vendor because I needed it here sooner than Inyo would get it here. My pool remodeler will replace it for me when they re-plumb everything. I am confident my current fixture is 120V because there isn't a 120V to 12V transformer to be found near my pool. (Only Toro transformers for outdoor lighting).

Thanks for the advice to just replace the entire thing.

While you can set it to a static color including White, the white is not nearly as bright as the old halogen and likely not as bright as a dedicated white LED. The closer you get to read the shorter the throw of the light making the far into very dark. Given the size of my pool having two lights would have been much better even for when I just had the single halogen.
True and I couldn't agree more. Our free form pool have only one light and the PureColors LED is bright enough for me without turning my backyard into a Helipad. Love how the color changing effect blends in well with the landscape lighting especially around x'mas time.

We are currently in the process of renovating our pool & spa. Currently, I am considering replacing the (2) pool lights a (1) spa light with LED fixtures, but I am hesitant because of the poor reviews the major products have received. I would appreciate any suggestions for alternative 120V LED bulbs.

So far (after 7 months), I am really pleased and impressed with the J&J Color Splash LED. Mine is 120v though, so I cannot really comment on the low voltage version (which it sounds like what you need). They do make a low voltage version but of course you will need their transformer to take advantage of all of the color and light show features. One of the several things I like about the J&J, is that it is also compatible with Pentair automation and their "intelliBrite 5G" colors and light show programs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.