learning to use pool math

anthonypool89

Gold Supporter
Aug 26, 2016
Berks County, PA
I would go by whatever the Pool Math app says to add 5 ppm of chlorine. A gallon is probably more than 5 ppm for your size pool, but I don’t see any harm in adding that much. For the CYA, I would be conservative and only add 20 ppm worth.

You can test for chlorine 30 minutes after adding, assuming the pump has been running to circulate the water. With stabilizer (CYA), I would run the test a day or two later. That takes a longer time make its way through for whatever reason.

This is an interesting thread to me since OP has the same number of gallons I do. If starting with no chlorine in the pool at all, is 1 gallon really enough to get to 5 ppm? I'll be doing a baqua to chlorine conversion and so I know I need to get to 15 initially. No idea how much liquid chlorine that will take - have to start working with Pool Math.

MOD Note: Moved from here Need to know what to start with.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is an interesting thread to me since OP has the same number of gallons I do. If starting with no chlorine in the pool at all, is 1 gallon really enough to get to 5 ppm? I'll be doing a baqua to chlorine conversion and so I know I need to get to 15 initially. No idea how much liquid chlorine that will take - have to start working with Pool Math.
31A937B0-1164-495A-947B-CA8E05BDCF5E.png

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.