Learning how to use my Jandy variable speed pump

May 12, 2015
Dallas, Texas
I've been a pool owner for several years, but recently upgraded to a Jandy iAqualink with a variable speed pump. I programmed the daily operation to use a specific speed, but suspect I'm doing it wrong. My questions:

1. When I backwash the filter, how do I tell the pump to operate at a higher speed? I tried pressing the Service->Pump On via the control box, but the pump operated at the default low speed
2. Should the variable speed pump be running at different speeds throughout the day? I live in Dallas TX, and would love some advice on an effective schedule to program.

David

There's a couple of ways to get a higher speed for backwash, probably the easiest is to program the "cleaner" mode to the higher speed you want, and activate it from the phone app when needed.

As to running the the pump at different speeds, the is no need to unless there is a good reason such as: If you have a heater you will likely need a higher speed to keep it's flow switch happy (and you will find that the iAqualink has a speed setting for heating mode), or if you have an in-floor cleaning system that needs more volume to work.

I also have a jandy VSP, and I wish I could slow down the backwash speed. Once I turn off the pump to move the multiport valve, the pump starts back up on “priming” mode which is high speed. That tends to blow some sand out of the waste pipe. I don’t see why it would need to be a high speed.

I've been a pool owner for several years, but recently upgraded to a Jandy iAqualink with a variable speed pump. I programmed the daily operation to use a specific speed, but suspect I'm doing it wrong. My questions:

1. When I backwash the filter, how do I tell the pump to operate at a higher speed? I tried pressing the Service->Pump On via the control box, but the pump operated at the default low speed
2. Should the variable speed pump be running at different speeds throughout the day? I live in Dallas TX, and would love some advice on an effective schedule to program.

David
This is what I did to adjust different setting for different applications:
1. Log in to the iaqualink site/app (select "WEB" if using phone app)
2. Select MENU/SYSTEM SETUP/VSP SETUP (once here, you should see your pump on line 1 - unless you have more than one installed)
3. Select SPEED SETUP
4. Select NEXT (your pump on line 1 should already be selected, and if not select the one you are changing)
5. You'll see a list that you can edit (up to 8 on mine)
a. Select one that you'd like to change, type in the RPM you want, and rename (using presets or renaming)
b. Save
6. Select SYSTEM SETUP/ONE TOUCH SETUP
7. Select SET DEVICES
8. Click on a button you're not using
a. Select VSP1 SPD AD
b. Select the RPM you just created in the previous steps (you will find it under the name you saved or created - maybe BACKWASH?)
9. From the main page on the website/app, you should now see it as one of your quick select buttons

I don't use the CLEANER one as suggested in another post because that button will also turn on the booster pump for my Polaris. Hope this helps, and have fun with the new VSP. Hope you find a good RPM for your pool/equipment to properly filter the pool and turn it over properly and use all the equipment that you have. As mentioned, read the owners manual or look online/call to see what the minimum flow rates are for your equipment to operate properly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.