Leaning leg 18x48” Coleman pool

Atx3314

May 28, 2021
Houston
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Help! Just installed a 18x48” Coleman above ground pool. Ground was level from previous pool, however this one is bigger. First question…what are the chances of this collapsing? There is a sand cove underneath. Second question, what can I do to straighten that leg up without draining?9255FE78-325C-4218-8689-E4C7D327A249.jpeg

Look at your water....the water is level. The pool is not. The only way to fix this is to make the pool level, it's leaning pretty bad, I would not consider this safe the way it is.

Are the legs on pavers?

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Honestly, this one worries me. Once you get the kids and everyone in there making waves, the water will ram-up against that side with force and whoosh! Actually looks like you might have 3-4 legs that require plumb. At first I looked quickly and thought it was just a matter of the leg base's that needed to come out, but that's not it. Looking closer I see the pool is out of level quite a bit which is why the bottom looks round but the top rail is pushing out. It's just too much out of level and I don't see any other way around it other than to drain and re-level. Sorry. :(

What is that track around the bottom?
It’s edging that we used prior with our 15 foot pool.
Welcome to TFP! :wave: Honestly, this one worries me. Once you get the kids and everyone in there making waves, the water will ram-up against that side with force and whoosh! Actually looks like you might have 3-4 legs that require plumb. At first I looked quickly and thought it was just a matter of the leg base's that needed to come out, but that's not it. Looking closer I see the pool is out of level quite a bit which is why the bottom looks round but the top rail is pushing out. It's just too much out of level and I don't see any other way around it other than to drain and re-level. Sorry. :(
Thank you for the welcome and advice. Probably a long shot but there is anything we could purchase as extra support? I saw someone used a wood board and created a support system that way

You need to drain and level properly. You are dealing with thousands of pounds of water... it’s a safety issue.

It’s edging that we used prior with our 15 foot pool.

I’m sure this is a dumb question, but you aren’t trying to put this pool inside the same ring of edging that was around the other one, are you?

Probably a long shot but there is anything we could purchase as extra support? I saw someone used a wood board and created a support system that way
Unfortunately no, not in this case. The water will continue to exert an outward force against the top rail and nothing can resolve that except leveling the pool in its entirety.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You need to level the entire area for the pool. Remove the edging and scrape the surface down to the lowest point, then install pavers for each leg even with the surface of the ground. Use the top ring to determine where each paver goes.

I think that is part of the problem. You either are off center in the ring, or aren’t accounting for the way the legs spread out as the pool fills. So, definitely pull that edging up and start from scratch.

I think that is part of the problem. You either are off center in the ring, or aren’t accounting for the way the legs spread out as the pool fills. So, definitely pull that edging up and start from scratch.
To be honest I think it is more of a centering issue. The back side is about 2 foot away from the border. My husband didn’t straighten out the liner so that is something we have to fix also. Thank you so much for your help

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.