CreedenceTapes

Nov 30, 2023
Tampa Bay Area
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
One of my diverter valves has a slow leak. I see several replacement parts available here. Should I go ahead and get the whole "upper valve kit" while I'm going to have the thing apart, or is there a fairly high likelihood that just replacing the o-rings will solve the problem?

Upper valve kit costs more than a new valve. If you needed that then buy a new valve and use the parts you need.

A leak is usually just an O ring unless something is cracked.

Does the valve seal and operate properly?

Reactions: CreedenceTapes
One of my diverter valves has a slow leak. I see several replacement parts available here. Should I go ahead and get the whole "upper valve kit" while I'm going to have the thing apart, or is there a fairly high likelihood that just replacing the o-rings will solve the problem?
Replace all three O rings, 2-stem 1-lid. Don't worry about finding a specific brand for a your Hayward valve, all brands of those type valves use the same O rings. Be sure to NOT use a power screwdriver to reinstall the lid as it is very easy to crack a valve body that way. Be sure to use a good pool lube on all the O rings. Tighten the screws evenly.

Replace all three O rings, 2-stem 1-lid. Don't worry about finding a specific brand for a your Hayward valve, all brands of those type valves use the same O rings. Be sure to NOT use a power screwdriver to reinstall the lid as it is very easy to crack a valve body that way. Be sure to use a good pool lube on all the O rings. Tighten the screws evenly.

Sincere thanks for this. I found 12 sets on Amazon shipped for about the same money that Inyo wants for one set before shipping. I'll also have them much sooner.

Reactions: Newdude
I bought the same 12 pack. In the few days it took to come, the temps warmed up a little and the drips stopped. I noticed it late last season and in hindsight, it was cold in late October and the gaskets probably shrunk just enough to cause an issue.

Now that I have 12 spare sets hanging above the work bench, it'll never drip again. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha