Charlotte, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
Bought SunHeater S120U Universal Solar Pool Heater 2 by 20-Feet last year, used to extend my season BUT I never achieved a leak free connection to 1.5” vacuum hose. Tried flex seal tape, as well as various connectors. Want to start this spring off right with a worry free connection. Pics attached . Suggestions appreciated!

Attachments

• 65029217-C23D-4531-A05D-1A0F215195F5.jpeg
    65029217-C23D-4531-A05D-1A0F215195F5.jpeg
    516 KB · Views: 20
  • ADE1CE27-1A01-4D81-88A6-BA1D50560038.jpeg
    ADE1CE27-1A01-4D81-88A6-BA1D50560038.jpeg
    195.7 KB · Views: 25
Where does that vacuum hose run to? Show us a pic of the entire run.

Why can't you use glued hard or flex schedule 40 PVC for a solid connection. And use unions if you need to disconnect pipes at some points.

Bought SunHeater S120U Universal Solar Pool Heater 2 by 20-Feet last year, used to extend my season BUT I never achieved a leak free connection to 1.5” vacuum hose. Tried flex seal tape, as well as various connectors. Want to start this spring off right with a worry free connection. Pics attached . Suggestions appreciated!
What sort of connectors did you try?
It looks like you’ve got a 90deg bend but is there anything else on the end of that?

I’d have expected to see something like this. (It might be there but we can’t see it).
35E31377-0758-456E-90C6-A9A69CF30CA7.jpeg

I’m not sure vacuum hose if vacuum hose should be used for that anyway, as suggested above using the correct plumbing would be better. If you aren’t sure post pics from both ends and the length of run you need.

Last edited:
If 6' is long enough for your flex hoses get a Hayward EC1155 - it comes with two 6' 1.5" flex hoses with molded ends for barb fittings.

I'm not sure about the location of your panel, it seems to me like all the sunlight you're capturing there would've hit the wall of the pool and heat the water that way anyway. If it were me I would move that out onto the ground or a rack, so that it's collecting heat and the wall of the pool is too.

If 6' is long enough for your flex hoses get a Hayward EC1155 - it comes with two 6' 1.5" flex hoses with molded ends for barb fittings.

I'm not sure about the location of your panel, it seems to me like all the sunlight you're capturing there would've hit the wall of the pool and heat the water that way anyway. If it were me I would move that out onto the ground or a rack, so that it's collecting heat and the wall of the pool is too.
Thanks for the idea. I hadn’t thought of it that way. I can move the location but it would still be more than 6’ from the pump. Guessing 12’. Thoughts on hoses?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.