Leaking intex hoses and what plunger valves can be used with 12x30?

Jun 5, 2014
Brentwood, Ca (Nor-Cal)
Pool Size
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Have a 12x30 intex. 1 hose leaks on pump and the “T” adapter. I tried to Remove and silicone grease the o rings but still leaks. What opther option? Clamp can’t go any tighter.

also I’d like to add plunger valves when I clean cartridge filter (believe 1.25” hose) until I get a sand pump. What add ons do I need to convert?

How’s about the time I would be considering hard plumbing. But is the pool in your signature different from the one you are talking about?

Please post a pic of your current set-up. If you want to continue to use hoses, your options are limited until you upgrade your pump.

I can't tell where it's leaking from the pic. Is this the connection you are using:

Have you tried a wrap like this:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I can't tell where it's leaking from the pic. Is this the connection you are using:

Have you tried a wrap like this:

Threaded tape wouldn’t work at it’s not a threaded connection, slip/clamp connection. Also disconnected and re-connected but still leaking.

Yeah I agree with @CT-Steven. I’d try some regular screw clamps and see if that fixes things.

My Intex had a couple of joints like that (not as many) and came with regular screw clamps not those plastic clamps.

The only other thing with this fittings which I cannot tell from a picture is if the o-ring is in good shape and seated properly in its groove. It’s not too difficult to slide the o-ring out of position when sliding the hose onto the fitting.

Reactions: Slammed01
Yeah I agree with @CT-Steven. I’d try some regular screw clamps and see if that fixes things.

My Intex had a couple of joints like that (not as many) and came with regular screw clamps not those plastic clamps.

The only other thing with this fittings which I cannot tell from a picture is if the o-ring is in good shape and seated properly in its groove. It’s not too difficult to slide the o-ring out of position when sliding the hose onto the fitting.
Thanks! Can’t wait to ditch filter and be ready for next year for now this will do.

I did unhook and check the orings and all was good, will try real clamps not three ones.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.