Burlington
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hello friends. Fired up my pool this year and noticed water leaking from my heater. Took side panels off to find what looks to be a leaky gasket at the header, see photos for details. The bolts were not tightened all the way so I tightened them but still leaking.

Currently taking the bolts off to possibly replace the gasket.

Any pointers appreciated. IMG_9043.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9041.jpeg
    IMG_9041.jpeg
    346.3 KB · Views: 9
The LRZ heaters don't seem to have many available replacement parts. I believe the Jandy Legacy Model LRZE has the same header.

There are 16 gaskets...Part #16, Jandy part# 6204-176 (Validate yourself)

See Link-->Jandy Legacy Model LRZE
Thanks! I ordered the replacement gaskets. Looks like both the inlet/outlet AND return headers are leaking. Any idea what may have caused both sides to start leaking? Overheating? Water chemistry?

The pool has been open for a week and just started leaking a couple of days ago....

Post some pictures of the entire pad...

That heater is really old, gaskets are consumable. Also, post a picture of the header and the old gaskets...and describe their condition. Sticky, crusty, cracked etc.

Thanks! I ordered the replacement gaskets. Looks like both the inlet/outlet AND return headers are leaking. Any idea what may have caused both sides to start leaking? Overheating? Water chemistry?

The pool has been open for a week and just started leaking a couple of days ago....
Given the amount of rust seen below the header, that leak has been there a while. Apparently it has gotten worse, to the point that water is now visible outside the cabinet. Be sure to check your main gas valve for corrosion.

Post some pictures of the entire pad...

That heater is really old, gaskets are consumable. Also, post a picture of the header and the old gaskets...and describe their condition. Sticky, crusty, cracked etc.
Crusty orings here’s the polymer header.

Attachments

• IMG_9063.jpeg
    IMG_9063.jpeg
    482.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_9062.jpeg
    IMG_9062.jpeg
    508.6 KB · Views: 4
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.