Jesusfreak

Jun 5, 2019
Mesa, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My fiancé’s pool filter is leaking where the PVC piping connects to it. She has had a pool guy service her equipment, and I was able to meet him yesterday. He replaced the sand in the filter recently, but evidently something plastic cracked and now it is leaking. I watched him yesterday make an attempt to stop the leak, but it is now worse. I brought it to his attention that it looked like an O-ring was bulging out in one place and on the opposite side you couldn’t see the O ring. I would like to try a better repair Any thoughts, short of having to replace the filter? Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_8193.jpeg
    IMG_8193.jpeg
    680.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_8192.jpeg
    IMG_8192.jpeg
    675.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_8191.jpeg
    IMG_8191.jpeg
    692.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_8190.jpeg
    IMG_8190.jpeg
    669.6 KB · Views: 17
My fiancé’s pool filter is leaking where the PVC piping connects to it. She has had a pool guy service her equipment, and I was able to meet him yesterday. He replaced the sand in the filter recently, but evidently something plastic cracked and now it is leaking. I watched him yesterday make an attempt to stop the leak, but it is now worse. I brought it to his attention that it looked like an O-ring was bulging out in one place and on the opposite side you couldn’t see the O ring. I would like to try a better repair Any thoughts, short of having to replace the filter? Thank you
Nothing is going to stick the that polyethylene tank. If it can be repaired, the sand will have to be removed and the part replaced if it is available.
Can't tell the model of that Hayward filter.

Sand filter installed $1,100
Cartridge filter installed $1,800
I was told the cartridge filters were better (removed smaller particles/easier to clean and maintain).

I would like to hear your thoughts. Thank you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.