Nov 19, 2014
Homosassa, Florida
I have a Sharkline above ground pool 18X33 and about 15,700 galllons. I recently added a Hayward propane heater and 500 gallon tank. A few days ago I fired up the heater and raised the water temperature to 85 degrees. The water level was quite high due to some recent rain (top of the skimmer). I keep a solar blanket on the pool when we are not using it. Yesterday we used the pool, noticed the water level was a little low and ran the hose for several hours while we were in the pool. Today the water level is down 2-3 inches again. Is this normal evaporation or do I have a leak? This would be the second one and the pool and liner is only a few years old. I had an Armor Shield Floor Pad installed with the pool. Upon inspection around the pool I did not find any moisture or water.

I would suspect a leak somewhere with a 2-3 inch drop in one day.

Leave your pump off for a day and see if it still drops. Also if you leave the cover on it that virtually eliminates evaporation.

You may wish to source some plugs for you return ports as that may be a step along the way.

Take care.

I would suspect a leak somewhere with a 2-3 inch drop in one day.

Leave your pump off for a day and see if it still drops. Also if you leave the cover on it that virtually eliminates evaporation.

You may wish to source some plugs for you return ports as that may be a step along the way.

Take care.

Many thanks. I thought so too but didn't want to believe it ! Bad timing but we will be away on a trip for 4 days. I did turn off the pump and will leave it off while we're gone. Added a gallon and a half of bleach to tide it over till we get back. I do have plugs. It was really hard to find the leak last time. I guess I have to go through all that again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.