Leak won't go away

May 15, 2015
Atlanta-GA-
Hi

I own a small 3200 gallons above ground pool. Great pool, got chemistry down, all is fine beside a leak.
The leak is at the outake, the plastic part that screws on inside and outside of the pool and where the filter outake tube connects.
Last year it was leaking and we purchased the whole replacement parts this year. Put it on, and bam, the leak is still on.
Last year we used waterproof tape and a special sealant that never dries and sticks to your hands bad. Nothing helped.
There are actually 2 leaks. One is a drip where the outake hose connects, and the other one which is worse, runs down the side. There has to be something we can do!
Please see the pictures. The running water can be clearly seen in the pics but not the drip which is right below the white part where the outake tube connects.

Thanks for reading

PatPool leak.JPGPool leak2.JPGPool leak3.JPG

Is there any Teflon tape on those threads? I don't see any those pictures. I would try that first. 5 to six wraps of tape. Clockwise direction when looking at the thread. Tape is cheap, a buck or two at big box stores. You could add a light coat of clear silicone on threads as well. The stuff that turns solid, not the grease.

You do not have it tight enough.. Those are course threads and do not get tape put on them... it i sealed by the rubber O rings around the fitting.. It takes a BIG Wrench to do it tight enough..

I think this one will work...

If you use one of these and change everything to hard pipe it will stop the hose leak :)

You do not have it tight enough.. Those are course threads and do not get tape put on them... it i sealed by the rubber O rings around the fitting.. It takes a BIG Wrench to do it tight enough..

I think this one will work...

If you use one of these and change everything to hard pipe it will stop the hose leak :)

CowboyCasey and BTJR thanks for the answers.

Cowboy I got an arbor freight 5 mn from my house, I will get the wrench this week.
Question about the other part on Amazon. I just replaced all those plastic parts, do I need to buy your part first and replace it again?

Thxs again

Pat

The one you used is for flex pipe and using hose bands... it will almost always leak using those... companies use them cause they are cheap and easy...

going hard pipe and gluing everything will stop the leaks and is just as easy, I would say easier... :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.