Leak - Water level drops then stops

ccelle

Sep 27, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
Hi,

I have a leak somewhere in my pool but I do not know where to start. I do not have an operational water filler, so I manually do it. When I fill it to its normal level (see picture), the level will slowly drop over 4-5 days to the lower water level (see picture) then it stops. It will not drop lower than the low level mark. This happens whether the pump is on or off. So my question is where should I look for the leak? Has anyone experienced this before?

Thanksfullsizeoutput_7e0.jpeg

You have evaporation, even in winter. If your water does not drop when you get to that line, I suggest you have an autofill somewhere. You would be the luckiest person in Phoenix if you are not having evaporation of your pool water.

You have evaporation, even in winter. If your water does not drop when you get to that line, I suggest you have an autofill somewhere. You would be the luckiest person in Phoenix if you are not having evaporation of your pool water.
Thanks for the reply. I have done the bucket evaporation test and definitely have evaporation, but not at the same rate. Once i posted the picture I did notice the cracks around the skimmer that need to be repaired.

then it stops. It will not drop lower than the low level mark
That statement implied you do not see any evaporation loss. So if that is not true, correct, you may have a slow leak in the skimmer system.

Notice the cracked grout around the skimmer throat and the missing grout along the right side? If you have a leak, that might be the first place to look. Maybe add some water and do the dye test around that area.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.